Re: [MiNT] analysing syscall.spp

Hi!

> KK>Anyways, Malloc() or Mxalloc() rather :-) cannot wrap back to trap
> KK>handler, so it doesnt matter if they modify globals or not.
> Well, I thought that one aim is to make the MINT-GEMDOS reentrant and
> callable from interrupts (where possible)

It's not a good idea to make the complete GEMDOS callable from an
interrupt. This means that lot of code must be protected from interrupts
(spl7). That can be result in interrupt losses on slow machines.

MiNT is a monolithic kernel, it's a design decision that an interrupt
handler can't call anything. Linux handles this in the same way, it's
also a monolithic kernel.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--