Re: [MiNT] re Martin Eric racine, Guido Leaving?

Hi!

> Have you tried copying multiple files accross partitions or filesystems
> such as, minix to minix, minix to vfat....  _That_ is where it chokes
> the kernel's cache.  Within one partition, no problem.  _NOT_ accross.

Every filesystem access over the new drivers chokes the buffer cache from
kernel.

> Try this:
>
> cp -au /e/some/dir/with/500/files/or/more/*  /f/new/place/on/other/drive/

I played a little bit with cp. Do you also tested any other copy program?

It seems that cp is your problem. cp report a bus error to me if I will
copy lot of files (the bus error only occurs with memory protection
enabled).

It's a stack problem. After increasing the stack size of cp it copies all
files fine (stacksize = 0 isn't enough, I set it to 64k).

> PS:  I'm not trying to be nasty, but when I report bugs politely and
>      receive replies along the lines of "works fine here, fix your
>      damn TT!" even though others report the same bug, I wonder....

I never said "fix your TT". The main problem is to reproduce this
behaviour. If I can't reproduce it I can only say "work fine here".

And it's very very difficult to find a bug which I can't reproduce.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040