Re: [MiNT] Cookie-Jar

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Guido Flohr wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 06:20:00AM +0100, Holger Herzog wrote:
> > KK>* Shrinks * ???! The code is supposed to *expand* the cookie jar with
> > KK>16 new empty entries. Something seems to be wrong...
> >
> > I've installed "JAR128.PRG" in the AUTO-folder before MiNT which should add/gerenarte 128 new entries. After booting MiNT, only 48 entries remain.
>
> install_cookies() in main.c counts the number of used slots in the cookie
> jar, then increases this number by 16 and finally rounds it up to some
> boundary.  Bug or feature?  Maybe something for a new config variable
> COOKIE_SLOTS?

I wonder if jar128.prg is configurable by changing the number 128 to equal
the amount of cookie jar entries to be used, and if so, I suspect it
supports only a 2-digit number, so it is reading 128 as 28. MiNT is then
adding 16 making 44, and that is being rounded up to the nearest multiple
of perhaps 8 or 16 which results in 48. Just a guess. Can you verify that
jar128 really is providing 128 cookie jar entries?

Anyway, why would you need 128 entries?

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.pl.net/~mario/    * Atari Serial Mouse Interface           |