Re: Syscall (was: Re: [MiNT] DATE/TIME cookies)

> On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 05:17:30PM +0100, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> > Maybe it is (ridiculous), but as I am thinking about it, designing a
> > multitasking OS would be easier, if user stack space could be used for
> > kernel requirements. Though it would be a memory waste without any doubt.
>
> I don't see how you want to make a stable system by overwriting user data
> space with stack space needed by tke kernel in error situations. Better to
> have a large-enough kernel stack, IMHO.

Who said "overwrite"? The stack would just have been appropriately bigger
(that's what i meant for memory waste). If MiNT has 8k stack, the user
stack space bigger by 8k would satisfy both user process and the system.

Anyways, the reality is we have separate stacks and I don't think we
should discuss such facts ("there's no argument agains a fact" as old
proverb says).

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |
|http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/
|http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.