Re: [MiNT] DATE/TIME cookies

> I understand you all want pure MiNT&GEM applications under MiNT.

I don't think it is quite accurate. MiNT keeps compatibility with existing
TOS software, but it is not (and never has been) guaranteed that all
tricks that TOS allows will be allowed by MiNT as well. I think we just do
not want to give efforts, waste memory space and CPU time just to support
1 (one) program, yet if it is pure visual stuff like corner clock.

Also, in my understanding, the phrase "MiNT is Now TOS" does not mean,
that _all_ TOS programming techniques, tricks, hacks etc. are still valid,
but rather that MiNT becomes TOS, i.e. replaces the old system. In this
case some programming techniques have to be replaced too.

That was of course pure comment to your "MiNT is Not TOS again" (in case
if someone understands it as a sign to abandon TOS support).

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |
|http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/
|http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.