[MiNT] MiNTOS sources

OK... as I'm improving NMD further, I'm reviewing the structure of
packages and ran into several pitfalls when recompiling MiNTOS:

1) INIT - Looks for implicit paths declarations pre-compiled within
   mintlib, instead of defining its own filenames or using paths.h
   which makes it a pain in the ass to maintain and modify.

   Has anybody compiled a more recent version of INIT which uses
   the centralized paths.h include?

2) Contradictions - Other binaries, oddly enough, explicitely override
   paths.h in compiler options or by duplicating 90% of paths.h in a
   localized pathnames.h file.

   Has anybody cleaned that up, when recompiling their MiNTOS kit?

3) Distribution - The idea of nested Makefiles sounds cool, but in
   practice one has to edit individual Makefiles to change global
   compiling option (such as:  -m68000 -O3  which should be global).

   Has anybody improved those nested Makefiles, so that only stuff
   pertaining to specific binaries remain in individual Makefile?

4) Getty - I recall someone mentioning some KGMD hacks that broke
   certain things, a while back, but cannot remember what it was.

   Can anybody indicate which parts of MiNTOS were hacked for KGMD
   and detail what problems might have been reported in this aspect?

Steve:

If you're reading this, it would be nice if you could point me to
specific sources for all of the packages, so I can find out if any
parts have more recent versions with improved functionalities, and
if you could also tell me where to remove that motd-override thing
(it automatically pastes "MiNTOS 1.4.1 (KGMD 1.0) #1 (date here)"
onto /etc/motd all the time).

Thanks.

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/