RE: [MiNT] DATE/TIME cookies

> But mirroring becomes an expensive task when the kernel starts using a
> different internal time format. This is why we want to put that as standard
> feature into the kernel.

I understand that. Mirroring could slow all FreeMiNTs even if some people
don't use any corner clocks/other applications that use those cookies.
This is a good reason against including the DATE/TIME emulation I
proposed. However how much instructions would be to convert the internal
format to the GEMDOS one? Even if it was some 200 asm instructions (it
must be much less!) it would mean just 0.01% slow down on 8MHz ST. Simply
not measurable and not noticable. I know, some people would 'feel' it,
anyway. I understand.

> If you're application absolutely needs these cookies, and you don't want to
> change it, you can still write a utility which creates the cookies, forks,
> and updates the contents of the cookies once a second.

Yes, that's true. Thanks for the hint.

Petr