Re: [MiNT] standard UNAME replies

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Michael Schwingen wrote:

> Agreed. However, we should not call it 'atari' then.

Well, peter stehlik has a good point. That atari is the general common
thing. Some atari users might not even know what MiNT is. They would
probably think, oh another unix OS or whatever.

How about MiNT called:
ATMiNT

?
AT for Atari as opposed to Macmint?

Also what is the exact definition os MiNTOS?
Is it the part with init and all that? that qualifies as MiNTOS.
Or any system using MiNT as kernal?

Or just MiNTOS as opposed to TOS?

Anyway this is all complicated. we are all throwing ideas. It will take a
while maybe and look boring. But we need to make the right choice. We are
not gonna change every now and then.

In order:

FreeMiNT is fine by me.
ATMiNT would be fine by me.
the simple: MiNT would be also fine by me.

MiNTOS would sound too much like the candy. (mentos) and besides probably
not even appropriate.
bye