Re: [MiNT] DATE/TIME cookies

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 10:49:57AM +0100, Julian Reschke wrote:
> > OK, so what if FreeMiNT allocated two word blocks in a global memory and
> > ´mirrored´ the internal datestamp and timestamp variables into those
> > vars in global memory? By mirroring I mean that routines updating date
> > and timestamp would also update the mirrored_global_dateandtimestamp.
> > And of course the ´DATE´ and ´TIME´ cookies would point to the global
> > blocks.
>
> This would require that MiNT indeed continues to use that time and date
> format
> internally. However my understanding is that this is something that is
> likely
> to change sooner or later.

It has already changed but the global variables "timestamp" and "datestamp"
still get updated once a second and whenever necessary (after calls to
Tsettime and friends).  Since this is relatively little effort it will
most probably remain like this in the future.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/
mailto:gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de

You're growing out of some of your problems,
but there are others that you're growing into.