Re: [MiNT] gcc 2.8.1

You lucky man!

I have spent 4 evenings trying to install 2.8.1, and now even if I
reinstall the compiler part of KGMD, gcc gives me "Installation Problems:
cannot `exec ld`".

When people port gcc, I wish they would provide a tar.gz file INCLUDING
the bin utils, libs (if the names have changed), and a README in English
AND their native language if different. Then you counld un-tar it from
'/', having read the README.

It would be nice to see it going into '/usr/local'.

And, if anyone has any ideas how to get my 'ld' working again, please let
me know.

Thanks/.

Salut/.

J/.
__
John Blakeley
http://www.ligotage.demon.co.uk

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've finally installed gcc 2.8.1. Mostly works fine, but:
>
> 1) executables produced by the linker have permissions 644 instead of 755.
>    How to fix that? (i.e. how to force the linker to assign proper
>    permissions, not "how to use chmod 755 filename...").
>
> 2) lib names still look weird for me. These look mostly normal (finally)
>    but baserel libraries have 'b' inserted in the middle, and i have
>    lots of "blib.." style libs. Is it configurable? I.e. is there a
>    way to force the linker to search for "blib..." filenames?
>
> I really have no particular lust for renaming some 30 files or making same
> amount of symbolic links. Especially if this seems to change at
> each gcc release. Any hope for a normalization?

	HEAR! HEAR!