Re: [MiNT] MiNTlib - new functions

> Because a fix which is specific to a particular filesystem implementation
> should be kept separalety, instead of making either the library or the
> kernel even bigger. The MiNT library already is way too big, which is
> one of the reasos for the lack of acceptance by PureC programmers.
>
> Maybe we should concentrate on get shared libraries going, then this+
> issue wouldn't be that bad.
>
> Regards, jr

Ah! _MUCH_ better! ;-)   Please do whatever you can to make those
shared libraries as compatible as possible with those for Magic.

However, I still think UNIXMODE should be fixed to operate as it
says it should, since GEMDOS case-conversion rules apply everywhere.

I have /brUs._ in mine, which should replace the extra dots with
underscores, but it doesn't.  It should eventually be upgraded to
also replace spaces with underscores too.

UNIXMODE is filesystem-independant, so I think that fixing this
first might help a _lot_ on other aspects also, not just case
conversion to/from DOS/TOS media.

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/