Re: [MiNT] uname -X ??

Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Also, Jan Paul just told me that his Apache diffs made it into the
> official distribution by apache.org, so now might be a good time to
> agree on how we want the OS to be called "officially", for cases
> where MiNT diffs/ports will be made available on generic Unix sites
> offering sources with pre-configured compiling options for various
> OS, such as apache.org.
>
> My personal choice:   Atari-MiNT
>
> How about yours? ;-)

I think FreeMiNT has been the designated name of the kernal since Atari left
the scene.   Being that all new TOS machines have no affiliation with Atari,
why should the OS still be linked with them, other than the fact that it runs
on TOS machines historically introduced by Atari.  If we are talking about the
complete operating system, then it should be called MiNT-OS  (since this
implies a Unix-like setup).

Culture is the habit of being pleased with the best and knowing why.
Peter S. Ross  ICQ 24489751     Atari  Enthusiast.