Re: [MiNT] Vcons/hi-res/Graphic cards?

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 07:35:17 -0800 (PST), DarkChyld [Ronald J. Hall] wrote:

D[JH>  I have a question about the virtual consoles. I just added Videl Inside to
D[JH>  my Nemesis equipped Falcon, and am now running at 800 x 608 x 256 colors.
D[JH>  Everything works fine, Thing looks great, etc, etc,...but I´ve noticed when
D[JH>  I switch to <alt>F1-F9, that my 17" multisynch monitor does a resolution
D[JH>  change (and when I go back). So, am I to conclude that vcons will only run

no, if you get the vcons 0.9 (available on my WWW page, for example)
you can change any resolution you like. It´s best to set the same
resolution in vcons as you use in normal GEM as it saves the monitor
during switching.

D[JH>  in lower resolutions? If so, will they work on graphic cards such as the
D[JH>  Nova and the upcoming Eclipse by Titan? Thanks...

I have here a version of vcons that nearly work on NOVA. If Eclipse
will provide the same interface for programmers it will work there,
too.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer