Re: [MiNT] Re: fatal error handling

Hi Frank!

> > > Could I know why?
> > > Why do you consider slow, old and limited TOSFS better than NEWFAT?
> >
> > Safer is the word.   Frank still finds bugs in it here and then.
>
> The GEMDOS filesystem doesn't have bugs?

I'm not saying TOSFS is bug-free... ;-)

BUT, your message about not using NEWFAT on floppies got me _very_
worried; so did Kellis' message about her partition J not being
found on the current beta.

> > > And what will you do when the TOSFS will go away?
> >
> > It should _never_ go away.  TOSFS is the compatibility FS.
>
> But this limit kernel development (background DMA never possible).

Hmmm... How could a filesystem limit kernel development?

> > BTW, whatever happened to those floppy handling bugs in NEWFAT
> > and Minix 0.70.6 filesystems??  Did Frank ever fix them?
>
> Floppy bug already fixed (since 1.15.1 beta 0.3).

Hyvin!  Including a "bootproblem" kernel for my Stacy?

> > What about hacking Minit so that it only offers options that are
> > recognized by this new barebones Minix.XFS (ie: eliminate V1 and
> > therefore always create V2 filesystems)?
>
> A rewritten version of minit is also ready.

Kiitoksia! ;-))

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/