Re: pppd bugs (was: Pine 4.05)

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Juhani Sivusalo wrote:

> In my system pine (3.96 and 4.05) hangs allmost certainly if I start
> pppd from console _after_ Pine. It did happen with earlier versions
> too so I don't know if this is same bug.
>
> Has anyone else seen anything like this before?

Yep.  That sure rings a bell:

On Timo Tiihonen's Hades, killing pppd to close the connection
often results in a general system lockup.  I cannot remember the
exact symptoms, but Mikko Larjava probably could tell you more
about this, since he hangs out with him.

I've also read/heard similar stories involving pppd crashing
the whole system with it, when it's being killed, on IRC and
on the newsgroups, from time to time.

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/