RE: 3 button mouse (was: Re: [MiNT] X magic)

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Jo Even
Skarstein wrote:

> AES-applications over network? I don't know about that, you'll need a
> completely new VDI for that (perhaps a driver for fVDI?). And remember

Why? VDI features virtual workstations.
The only problem should be to tell the aes that it should use different WS
for different apps

> that unlike X, AES-applications are responsible for all redraws. X
> knows the contents of it's windows, so it can do reasonable fast
> redraws, but constant redraws over a network (like AES/VDI would have
> to do) would be pretty slow.

Why? You only transfer the vdi-calls like in a metafile.
The only prob would be transfering bitmaps.

TSchau,
    Bjoern

IRC: {Sage}
visit: ftp.uni-giessen.de/pub/atari