Re: [MiNT] MILO - was fatal error handling

Guido Flohr wrote:
[...]
> On Mon, Dec 07, 1998 at 06:39:45PM +0200, Kristoffer Lawson wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> > IMO the best would be to use TCL or something similar for parsing the
> > execution script (TCL would be the easiest and best to link with a C
> > program to do that). That way we could have more complex scripts that
> > automatically detect different options etc. In fact, unless that requires
> > some special TOS/Atari -related knowledge, it's such a quick an easy
> > program to make that even I could be persuaded to contribute the about 30
> > lines of code it takes ;-)
>
> I think TCL is overkill for such a simple task.  I would prefer either
> to rehack Thomas' automore (if this is what we need) or to maybe
> start another one with a very simple shell language.  I think
> the Andrew shell is quite a good starting point.  It's small,
> it's free, it's stable and if we throw away all unnecessary
> code (job control, pipes) we almost have what we need.
>
> But this is just a proposal.  I won't have the time to write such
> a thing.  So this is up to the one who does the work.

I agree that TCL is to large for this purpose. It wouldn't matter if VM
would work, but so we have to save memory space and avoid
fragmentations.
But I think that it shouldn't be a problem to expand MiNT to understand
some simple comands like if, for, etc. because I recoded the part of it
which read the cnf-file. The new code contains now an expression parser
which could really simple extended. Have a look at the file 'cnf.c.new'
in the beta-0.3-src version (so that I wrote the comments not for nobody
;-) ). The implementation of job control should be possible also, just
because MiNT as the kernel contains all these functionalities.

Ralph