Re: MiNT-Net 1.03 beta 2 released

> Bernd Ebert found a serious bug in the AMD LANCE drivers in the MiNT-Net
> 1.03 beta 1 package. I will upload a new release (net-1.03beta2.tar.gz)
> to ftp.uni-giessen.de within the next hours.

Great! ;-)

> BTW, the NE2000 driver (commercial pci version) is also available in a
> new version which now supports the Panther II (ISA adaptor for (MEGA)
> ST(E)), the Milan and Hades ISA bus, the low level pci bios (Hades)
> and the high level pci bios (Milan/Hades). On pci boards it uses 32bit i/o
> and should be a little bit faster than the old version.

This is VERY good news!  PCI support on Atari is definitely welcome!

> Regards,
>    Torsten
>
> P. S. I'm sorry that I didn't have the time to fix the MiNT-Net package
>       concerning the land, teardrop etc. attacks. Please let me know
>       against which kind of attacks MiNT-Net is sensitive.

Quite important indeed.  Anders and Kellis are probably the
best informed about which nukes can be harmfull to MiNT.

Also, it would be nice if Linux-style IP masquerading could be
added to MiNTnet, eventually.  It would allow us to use an old
ST which is currently gathering dust as a console or terminal.

 Martin-Eric Racine           The Atari TT030 Homepage with FAQ
 FUNKYWARE CREATIONS OY       http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/