Re: MiNT 1.15.1.beta-1 problems

On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 05:11:29PM +0100, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> The point is I am not completely sure it is really unnecessary. It may be,
> but the fact the code exists (i.e. somebody bothered to introduce it)
> makes me suspicious. F.e. does TOS 1.02 restore everything (except

I would not count on that.

Without criticising anyone, it seems that not all contributors to MiNT were
quite knowing what they were doing - I just found out that the crashes on
Milan when the cache was on were due to self-modifying code in the XBRA
install routine without taking care of the cache. The whole XBRA stuff is
quite ugly (Frank has patches that make it work, but the 'clean' solution
will require a bit more re-writing).

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen