Re: egcs?

On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 09:31:15PM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> I heard egcs produces (much?) better assembler code for m68k than gcc
> 2.8.x (from the same C source, naturally). Perhaps someone could port
> egcs to MiNT? I know there are several very skilled 'porters' reading
> this list....

I tried to switch to egcs 1.1b for TOS development: it does seem to optimize
better, but I got the impression that the code got a bit unstable - I will
have to track this down further, so I switched back to gcc 2.7.* for now.

One warning for those trying to port egcs to MiNT: egcs 1.1b produces wrong
code for memset with 0 (which it internally changed into a bzero) when
sizeof(int) == 2 and sizeof(size_t) == 4.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen