Re: Timing and MIDI and MiNT?

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998 16:41:06 +0100 (EET), Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

KK>By the way, there's a way to SAFELY use interrupts in MiNT. The kernel
KK>provides a call that assigns interrupt vectors to signals. I.e. you can,
KK>for example, tell the system to send (for example) SIGUSR1 each time
KK>a (for example) VBL interrupt occurs. When the process that installed the
KK>handler terminates, all this stuff gets removed. So no worry to leave
KK>interrupt handlers pointing to a "free" memory area etc.

This is very good news! Such method would allow writting many
interesting programs for MiNT (games, emulators, etc)

KK>The call is named Psigintr(), was introduced in MiNT 1.10 or 1.11 and is
KK>hmm... undocumented. However, some a week ago I sat down, then made a
KK>description of 23 MiNT calls undocumented in Atari Compendium. I wonder if
KK>it would be useful to add this to kernel distribution. Also I'd be glad
KK>for corrections. Mailme anyone who's interested.

This documentation makes sense only if the calls will become sort of
official (instead of deprecated) and will remain in future versions of
MiNT kernel.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer