Re: N.aes/speedup.inf

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, DarkChyld [Ronald J. Hall] wrote:

>  Now...about the Speedup program
>
>  1) What exactly does it do? The name seems obvious but... ;-)
speedup sets the priority for each process by default.
The concept is pretty good. However not that handy, and found most of
the time that if I don't set it well enough, I get worst result than
not using it at all.
Idea: would be good to have taskbar renice send an update to
speedup.inf file for easy maintaining :)
2) btw jo, would itbe possible for you to use index.grp and not
Index.grp for the start application group? confuses the shit out of me
many times when I copy my grp to a new user. and when some people try
to figure it out from minixpartition where the casing matters. Just
keep it simple, keep it to index.grp   (just an idea :)

>     ? Whats the best recommended setting for that?
up to you. I wouldsay fiddle with taskbar renice option. and see wha's
needed. Some process don't need full response. Some do.
I personally don't use speedup, but well..

Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/