Re: MiNTnet

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Mario Becroft wrote:

>> 3) PAP doesn't seem to be 100% efficient like it should.
>
>I set up PAP under MiNTNet for a couple of people here, and it works
>absolutely fine. I don't know if this is your mistake, or because your ISP
>is different to the ones here (and therefore the bug shows up with you but
>not for me).
Well, he has 2 ISPs, he got it to work with both (connected), but only
if in his pap-secret file he didn't use single lines.
Normally a simple: user * passwd should work
But NONE of that kind of format would work, so he had to do:
user
passwd
 And it worked!, weird. really weird.
(all LF only of course, and triple-checked).
Anyway, his both ISP work, but VERY VERY slow, dropping packets, etc,
NO good at all. Actually we could think that both of his isp are crap,
but they work fast under sting. So there is a problem somewhere.

>> Anyway, is MiNTnet a thing from the past, like a masterpiece of Ray
>
>Shouldn't that be Kay?
YEAH! :) sorry :) Kay that is.

>I don't think so. I believe nobody has improved MiNTNet. Unfortunately I
>don't have the knowledge to be able to do this. But surely there's someone
>who does, somewhere?
I am hoping so.

Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/