Re: new MiNT list server?(was: subscribe new, remove old (fwd)

Martin-Eric Racine <q-funk@hal.fishpool.com> writes:

> On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Howard Chu wrote:
>
> > On second thought, egroups.com will insert ads into all messages on the
> > list, which seems pretty ugly to me. Maybe it's time for someone else to
> > provide a system running majordomo on it. Since I left UMich over 8 years
> > ago, I no longer have sysadmin privs to install it myself.
> >
> >   That would probably be best. In the meantime, I have created a new
> >   mailing list on egroups.com. It would be best if everyone joined the
> >   new list and carried discussions over to there,
> >
> >   > Either ways, couldn't we just have Majordomo installed, so people
> >   > could subscribe/unsubscribe themselves without human intervention?

[quotes on the above text are somewhat screwed, and it might be unclear who
wrote each part - people, please quote unambiguously]

> May I recommend Fishpool for this new list?

Yes, you may, but asking us, and the other listmembers for opinions on
moving the list to fishpool is IMO important.

> Two of the admins are Atari users and they pretty much live in
> their office *grin* which makes it easy to monitor the list and
> make apporpriate changes to the majordomo config, when necessary.

Yes, me (tjhukkan@fishpool.com) and Setok (setok@fishpool.com) are indeed
Atari users, more or less. We could host the list, but I want the list
users' opinions on this.

--
 tjhukkan@fishpool.com - listmaster@fishpool.com