Re: UPPERCASE -> lowercase converter

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Actually, I was gonna ask for the opposite:
>
> a zip archiver that keeps the case of the archived files, especially
> when mixed case is used.
>
> Right now, neither ZIP.TTP nor ST-ZIP keep the proper case.
> Either they transform everything to uppercase (towards FAT partitions)
> or to lowercase (towards Minix partitions).
>
> Does anybody know of a proper TTP or GEM app that correctly zip/unzip
> long filenames with mixed cases?

ST-Zip *unzips* archives correctly, but it always stores files in
uppercase. Archives with long/case-sensitive filenames are correctly
unpacked. minixfs seems to translate filenames to lowercase when the
application isn't running in the MiNT-domain, but I guess this can be
configured with the UNIXMODE-variable.

/*
**
*/