Re: 2.8 and serial-port

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Juhani Sivusalo wrote:

> I understood that it renames RSVF to RSVf at first run (before MiNT) and
> if you run it after MiNT it renames RSVf back to RSVF. I can't actually

Oops... You are ofcourse right... But why do it the hard way, when 20
seconds with a hex-editor does the trick ;-)

> say that there is any advantage doing this ...

Agree. It will allow RSVF-aware apps to run properly, but this will
also confuse MiNT. For pppd or MiNT-stuff in general the RSVF-cookie
doesn't mean anything at all.

> > /etc/ppp/options.ttyb:
> >
> > 57600
> > crtscts
>
> Have you tried to apply those two values from "options.ttyb" to "options"
> - file ? Works OK in my Falcon ...

I know, but the point is that this setup works fine with pre-2.8
betas, so there's probably something in 2.8 that prevents pppd to set
speeds over 38400.

/*
**
*/