Re: MiNT VFAT/ZIp drive probes

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Martin Nightowl Byttebier wrote:

> I just ran into a weird problem.
> If I boot up my system without a Zip floppy inserted in my internal
> Zipdrives I can't read the contents of a Zip medium if I inserted one
> afterwards. If I open the drive I get the main contents but I can't open a
> dir or read a file. All I get is a *TOS -14 error*

As I read in the mails that followed this one, it's a known bug, but I was
just wondering if it had anything to do with the fact that if you set your
default sector size in the harddisc driver too small (IE smaller than that
of a single-partition zipdisc), you won't be able to read the disc unless
you booted up with the disc inserted (in which case the driver will adjust
itself).

Just wondering :)

Maurits.

---

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

          Maurits van de Kamp (maurits@bassment.demon.nl)

    _____    B A S S M E N T   P R O D U C T I O N S     _____
  /     /\\     >> http://www.bassment.demon.nl <<     /     /\\
|      \/   |   / Black Currant                  \   |      \/   |
|   /\      |  |             bc@bassment.demon.nl |  |   /\      |
 \ /=/     /   |  Purple Trance                   |   \ /=/     /
  \\/____ /     \            pt@bassment.demon.nl/     \\/____ /