freemint1.15-beta2.6

Hey!

Someone wrote inside the actual MiNT archive from august, that this version
will get an official version if there are no big problems. Ok, let's start:

I use this version on my TT (4/64MB). I've activated the VFAT option and the
WB-Cache for one partition on PD-cartridge and for disk A. The VFAT system has
no problems till now on the PD, but it doesn't work correctly with disk. When I
have 700kB data on a 1,4MB disk, everything is ok. But when I fill more than
the half of the disk space (with long names, for example some MiNT archives) by
copying files under N.AES from PD to disk, a disk analyzer shows me that FAT1
and FAT2 are different. When I investigate the FAT, I see that there are a lot
of lost clusters and some clusters are used more than one time.
Is this an error or a feature? In my opinion it should be a mistake - my PD is
filled for about 66% and both FATs are absolutely ok.

I have also an other problem since the version 1.14 with memory protection:
With MiNT 1.12 the MP worked well, but I had not enough programs which worked
under MP. Now I have the opposite case: I have programs which should work with
MP, but MP doesn't run on my TT. When I activate MP (starting MiNT in the AUTO
folder, named as MINT030.PRG, after XBOOT and without other programs and ACCs),
the system stops after the message "This system features XHDI version 1.25".
Then the system is hanging completely.
I don't have the source code of version 1.15. Therefore I tried to make tests
with the version 1.14.6. Also here the MP don't work.
I compiled it with some added debugging informations in MAIN.C.
When MiNT was started from the AUTO-Folder I have seen that there was executed
the
init_intr()
function and there inside the last call was
xbra_install(&old_dos, 0x84L, mint_dos);
After this line the execution of MiNT and the TT was completely stopped.
I didn't check, what should happen in the xbra_install... function - maybe that
someone knows what happens and and why the MP don't work.

It's very interesting for me if there is someone who uses the MP on his TT. I
have no idea if the problem is due to the 64MB RAM or to XBOOT or ... Please
tell me your configurations.

Bye, Ingo