RE: fputc

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> I can sort of answer why this patch was done: because Unix programs didn't
> like the CR/LF sequence and for example asmtrans.ttp kept inserting CRLF
> anywhere it could. What wasn't tolerated by the gas 2.5.1.
>
> The question is what is more important: proper behaviour under MiNT or
> perhaps under some non-MiNT systems.

Hhm... e.g. readline library doesn't work right with this change.
Pressing return at prompt only moves the cursor to next line it doesn't
move it to the beginning of the line. So things doesn't work alright with
all the MiNT things either. The other question is if it even should work
propely without kernels cr/nl translation which it normally takes off.