a newcomer to this list.

hi,
   - you too, Eric....

  I was just wondering who was doing what for mint.   I have the
  sources for .91 1.10 and 1.12.   By 1.00 I think they were using
  Lattice 5.0.   I compiled it successfully with Lattice 5.01. Some
  folks like it.  I am spoiled.  I have  used both HP compilers and
  GCC.  ANSI means conforming to the spec.  )PS.. where can I get
  the minix fsck?  I have Minix 1.5.

  Eric asked me about E2FSCK.  I am trying to extract it from PC linux
  and initially cross compile it with GCC 2.7.2.3.  Sigh.  Cranky
  compiler.  Do any of you run ST-Linux?  If so, why does GCC use -Q
  and GAS does not?   (I blanked the flags. Kludge.) My question is
  for 68K linux is:  How is this actually resolved?

  How does the new version of mint relate to the versions I have
  and have apparently downloaded off the Net.   While it says GCC
  works ok on the ST ( You are using 2.6+ ?  Or 1.40?.   Because I
  snitched the sources to the GCC for Convex I have the 1.40 sources.
  Anyway not any of the versions of GCC in my possesion on the
  Mega 4 ( or the 1040) ever worked correctly inside or outside of
  mint.
  I run MWC 3.09 and MSH under Mint 1.12.   KSH is nice but I have no
  file utilities or other tools.  MWC has them and MSH is hardy. It is
  a simle C-shell.  Nice redirection though.  A shame I could not find
  anywhere the sources to the MWC atari compilers and tools.

  I have several 520 and 1040s,  a Mega 4 and a MegaSTE (I bought from
  Mark White ) and I run STONX under PC-Linux.  I ran it also at work
  on a HP 10.20 system.  So at the least I could do would be to
beta-test
  for "small" st systems.   My main system is a (4-M over 100meg)
  MEGA 4.  MWC works like a champ under STONX. Mint will not work.

  The Falcon has not been setup but it has 4 megs and an 80 meg disk.
  I am interested in getting memory for the Falcon.

  Currently, I am on the net with Netscape on a PC running 3.1.
  Email is eccentric.

  Drop me a personal line and let me know how I could help. I am into
  dissasembly and other arcane activites.  If I could disassemble MWC
  I might be able to fix it and maybe even make it POSIX.  It is however
  only a near ansi K&R compiler.

      josephus