Re: Slow keyboard Input from some GEM programs...

hi, well, my experience:

On Sun, 31 May 1998, Brian Roland wrote:

>Some GEM programs, under Mint (KEMD), many I really like to use, take
>several seconds per character when I'm typing input on the keyboard on my
>system (Stock Falcon 030, VGA, 14meg, NVDI 3.2, HD-Driver 5.1, AES 1.4).
Changing the Timeslice does help. You to experience which timeslice
gets a more responsive system.
2) IF you have speedup, make sure it is well set. (priorities).

>For example, Edith text editor...
Edith is VERY slow by nature, in any OS
Edith is not recommended anymore, Has cute interface but that's it.

>Another example would be using ConNect to launch tcsh in an terminal
>window.  Keyboard input is horribly slow in this case.
Isn't it the purpose of TOSWIN?

Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/