Re: kernal 1.15 beta3 questions

> > I've read the docs on TZ and tzinit and have TZ set to GMT+0BST+1 in
> > mint.cnf, but I still get "Daylight saving time in use: no." Not what I
> > expected... or have I misunderstood?
>
> It should work (and in fact it works on my system with your setting).
> Please change your mint.cnf as follows:
>
> setenv TZ GMT+0BST+1
> exec u:\usr\sbin\tzinit
> echo Hit return to continue.
> exec \usr\bin\read
>
> And please send me the output.
>
> Konrad, have you recompiled tzinit in your distribution?

Yes (because you didn't send me compiled version). And I was afraid
(according to your warnings in doc files) that it might not work, but I
did the test you recommended in the docfile and it answered "yes" for
daylight saving time.

You may believe or not, but I didn't have time to test it more
extensively. I hardly had time to sleep one (short) night since I've
compiled b3 and put everything together (b3 is dated 19.May AFAIR).

Personally (on my system here) I don't care on daylight saving time so
much, as on the time in general. What is probably a little bit nonstandard
behaviour.

> Possible reason: Konrad recompiled tzinit with a broken
> version of the MiNTLib.  At least PL46 showed some very
> strange and non-standard behavior with all DST stuff.

BTW. the source for tzinit had a little mistake: you mistyped the name
for one of tz members, I had to correct it (damn, that was hard day,
because NONE of /util/ programs wanted to work, and additionally
tzinit refused to compile, imagine my frustration :-))

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.