Re: Setexc, Ssystem, Fcntl FSTAT in new kernel

> 2) Ssystem: I think there are situations where Ssystem can't replace
> a supervisor mode call. In a case like that, I would prefer to
> gracefully fail and print an error message instead of having my
> program terminated. To do that, I would like to try Ssystem mode 16
> to inquire the current SECURELEVEL. However, even the inquire mode
> is restricted to root... Or is there a better way?

This is not what was intended. In other words, it is a bug. Inquire mode
shouldn't be restricted. Thanks for pointing this out.

What a situation you think about, what would require supervisor mode for
user process?

> 3) Fcntl FSTAT on TOSFS: I think the patch for tosfs_write (which
> keeps the file information cached instead of invalidating it)
> should be applied.

I didn't forget about that.

> 4) It seems that SECURELEVEL 2 terminates programs on Supexec(), but not
> on Super(). Try this program:

OK, I'll check that.

> It would also be nice if a "punished" program would at least get a
> chance
> to recover through SIGTERM...

Hmmm, yes.

Thx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.