mint.cnf request.

hi, I have a feeling that the mint.cnf should be separated in 2 files.

As you can see a mint.cnf can become quite messy, see all the postings
and configuration problem that mint can create.
mint.cnf really could be separated into 2 files, 1 for the variables,
2 for the script executions, such as cd blah, exec blah, etc.

Does that sound reasonable? The first goal of this separation is to
ease mint configuration program. Would be much easier to handle a file
with just variables to edit. and other one that you can leave as is.
etc.

I now, might sound stupid, and some of you may say, well to edit the
mint.cnf from a configuration program is very easy, just parse the
file, avoid the comments (#), and put that back together.
Well, it seems that it is not THAT easy, because people have weird
mint.cnf and no one ever came up with a mint.cnf editor.

proposal mint.env and mint.scr
OR mint.cn1 and mint.cn2 or something like that. whatever the names,
but something logical.

Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/