Re: Virtual Memory (Was Re: Kernel 1.14.7 available)

Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > The SCSI-controller in TT's can do DMA-transfers to/from TT-RAM.
>
> Err, I don't think so. If it could, the fastram buffer (XFRB) wouldn't
> exist.

The TT SCSI controller _CAN_ do transfers to and from TT-RAM however
atari's drivers
do not support this AFAIK. Also ACSI-DMA can only DMA  to/from ST-RAM
hence the need
for a XFRB buffer.

To prevent a flood of questions:

1. No. I'm not dead. Although I have been sick and abroad from time to
time.
2. I still work on Fenix as much as I can.
3. I became a "net"-eremith because I found myself spending 3-4 hours
every day answering
   mails. Time I think is better spent coding on Fenix. I'm sorry for any
inconvienience. I have tried
   to answer all urgent mails. I have also had a series of really bad
mailsystem crashes due to the
   fact that the server I use have moved to another computer, have been
reinstalled etc, so some
  mails might be lost. Feel free to resend any urgent mail.

Current Fenix status:

* Due to various resons, one being lack of applicable platforms, the
PowerPC port have been
  scraped. At least for now. Apple seems to be unwilling to let any other
OS run on G3 Macs and
  all clone licenses has been cancelled. There are some interesting
PowerPC platforms left but
  they will  probably not survive partly due to the fact that Amiga Inc.
is heading for the PC platform.

* There is work going on on a PC port though. (Don't ask me for sources.
It's only scetches so far.)

* The core system is currently a mix of rewritten MiNT and Linux code. It
will problably be even
   more rewritten Linux code in it in the future as the PC port
progresses.

* I'm currently looking into a lot of various standards to find which
technologies to use within
  Fenix. This take and has taken a lot of time.

I'm looking for someone willing to administrate the Fenix web-pages and
putting together a proper
FAQ. I don't have the time right now and a FAQ is badly needed. Let me
know if you want the job.

Regards
 Sven