Re: filesystem development...

> >> Recommended clients in my "draft" docs:
> >>
> >>                      Pine 3.96
> >                       ^^^^^^^^^
> >This isn't particularly easy to install, especially when you don't
> >have MiNTOS/K[EG]MD installed. Something like Infitra, MyMail or aMail
> >would be better, as they're all GEM-apps and more suited for newbies.
>
>All of them require an advanced AES.  This won't work on an ST.
>IF newsie was reliable, or Oasis 3 released, I would instead
>recommend those, but Pine is probably the best compromise.

I have used Okami a for news/mail reader along with suck-3.9.1 (to
retrieve and send news) and one of the pop clients and smail for mail.
It worked great. You could also use Gary Priests' POPwatch and NEWSwatch.

I'm also writing my own client for retrieving and sending news/mail
using Okami for the reader. It's being written in HiSoft Basic and I
have it working with STinG. There's a few bugs to iron and a few
features I'd like to add, and since HBasic has a small MiNT library I
could also write it to run in the MiNT domain.

I have quit using MiNT until I get a TT or Falcon, I just have too much
of a memory fragmentation on my MSTE, but I could install a small setup
for testing.

Also, does any know if the MintNet library has been converted to
assembly? I'd like to try to make a library for HiSoft Basic if it has.

Brad

--
Brad Beck
bbeck@littlefort.com