Re: MIDI IN port reacting weird.

 >It's been a while it's been like that, probablly from version mint
 >kernal 1.0, but the midi in port is hmm like hashed, buffered.
 >(plug a midi keyboard to it) it will play thru by default, but cut
 >every x msec.

Interresting. Some may recall I reported my Stacy's MIDI port could
not successfully be used if/when MiNT is booted; without HS-Modem's
MIDI.PRG, it's usable but presents a behavior as exposed by Kellis;
with MIDI.PRG, booting locks right when INIT is started by mint.cnf.

Therefore, I haven't been able to use MIDI for nullmodem operation
between the Stacy and TT... :-/

Perhaps those dodgy hardware assertions in MiNT sources (spotted by
JR) are what make it tricky to use MiNT at all on a Stacy? Mine was
retrofitted with TOS 2.06, if that helps.

Does anyone know WHY the MIDI port is so messed up under MiNT?

Thanks.

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
 Unsollicited material will be proof-read for $100 USD per word,
 payable within 10 days.  Submission of your advertisement to my
 address constitutes your formal acceptance of these terms.
 <TITLE><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></TITLE>