Re: Kernel 1.14.7 available

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > >- no more sync errors from Vsetmode() and Vsetscreen() while switching
> > >  to a mono resolution on Falcons
> >
> > hmm VERY puzzling.. I thought these sync probs came from the videl
> > itself. (also appears in singletos, or magic, so mint (I thought was
> > not the prob)).
> > 2) You could MAYBE hack a little the vcons themselves.
> > 3) as I expected, with this mint kernal, the sync errors are still
> > there. So, are we talking about the same sync prob?
>
> Since it has been applied, I had no sync bugs from vconsoles (perhaps I
> have just bad luck <g>). And yes, I use standard vcons1d, which uses
> system calls to switch resolutions, because Anders' megapatched vconsoles
> don't fit on my monitor; I would have to tune the monitor each time I
> switch between graphic 800x600 console and a vcon what is rather
> inconvenient.

So do I take it correctly that the sync bug IS a videl prob, but that mint
1.14.7 "patches" that? In that case I understand why also some vconsds
claim to fix the sync bug, like Anders' megapatch. I do use it, and I
still have a "small sync bug" when I go to a vcon when the aes is in 256
colors. But it's only one or two pixels off. This was both with mint
1.14.6 and mint 1.14.7.

Btw, congrats to all on the new MiNT and the planned development of MiNT
1.15!

Maurits.

---

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

          Maurits van de Kamp (maurits@bassment.demon.nl)

    _____    B A S S M E N T   P R O D U C T I O N S     _____
  /     /\\     >> http://www.bassment.demon.nl <<     /     /\\
|      \/   |   / Black Currant                  \   |      \/   |
|   /\      |  |             bc@bassment.demon.nl |  |   /\      |
 \ /=/     /   |  Purple Trance                   |   \ /=/     /
  \\/____ /     \            pt@bassment.demon.nl/     \\/____ /