Re: Program idea

On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, eonic man wrote:

> Is it possible for someone to create an "ST/e in a Box" program that allows a
> Falcon user to emulate an 8 mhz ST or STe computer in a window for running
> games?  It would be nice if it would be possible to have this as a process in
> a GEM window while running MiNT, N.AES, or MagiC.  Perhaps it could be based
> on STonX.

I thought of exactly the same idea some time ago, but I'm not clever
enough with the internals of the ST or the 680x0 to start implementing it.
Either it could actually emulate the CPU and the whole machine, or no
doubt it could be done by running the code on the actual CPU but
redirecting the memory and I/O accesses somehow. I understand the latter
method is possible on the 030, and it would then have some hope of being
fast enough. But I wouldn't know how to start implementing it.

I'm not much of a games player, but then maybe if some games actually
would run on my TT I might play them a bit more... (BTW, I've been writing
a few games that do run in a GEM window, on any machine.)

So, if someone wants to write such a thing I would be all for it too.

--
Mario Becroft                        Auckland, New Zealand
mb@tos.pl.net                    http://www.pl.net/~mario/      |\__/,|   (`\