Re: NoSTalgia and MiNT

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> Speaking of SCSI ethernet cards, does anybody know *where* I can find
> these? I'm very interested in writing a MiNTnet-driver for such a
> card, but can't find any! I know how to write a device-driver for
> MiNTnet, I know how to access the SCSI-bus, all I need is a
> ethernet-card with docs and some spare time.

We (me and a friend) did a bit of a research about this matter 3-4 months
ago. We came to the conslusing you can buy the ethernet adaptors, but we
were unable to get a good price (at least here in sweden).

I suggest you look at some of these urls though, it's the bookmarks I
have since that time:

http://macworld.zdnet.com/pages/november.94/Reviews.861.html
This is a review of two adapters, with a bit of comparison between them.

http://www.sonicsys.com/microscsi.html
Info about the microSCSI ethernet adaptor. picture, hardware factss,
resellers list etc etc..

http://www.dayna.com/dayna/products/extadapters.html
The Pocket SCSI/Link, ethernet adaptor.

http://lonestar.texas.net/~tweeks/ENET-SCSI.html
The Amiga SCSI ETHERNET projects.

Well there are some more as well, but those are the ones I have available
here.

If you decide to make a "go" on this, please keep us updated with your
work! If you manage to get it working, probably alot of people would
consider buying such an interface (me personally, at least two of them).

Good luck!

      - anders eriksson - ae@wombat.ludvika.se - dead hackers society -