Kernel 1.14.7 available

Hello,

I just uploaded the new kernel to two sites:

ftp://piwo.bl.pg.gda.pl/pub/atari/mint/Kernel/Release
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/atari/incoming

The differences mainly consist of patches sent here or directly to me over
last four months. Short list:

- pipe_write() and pipe_read() now wake sleeping process on the
  corresponding pipe conditions immediately
- it is now possible to chdir to a directory that is set to --x--x--x
- no more sync errors from Vsetmode() and Vsetscreen() while switching
  to a mono resolution on Falcons
- ramvalid gets reset to zero on Falcons lacking FastRAM. nottram.prg
  is no longer needed.
- cache patch for 68060 has been applied
- live timeslice control has been added via Ssystem() call
- XBIOS calls like Midiws(), Iorec(), Rsconf(), Bconmap(),
  Dosound(), Vsetmode(), Vsetscreen(), Setscreen() have been
  restricted to eiud root.

Besides, the scheduler can be locked on the current (root) process
using Ssystem() call. After it is locked, no multitasking is possible;
this call however doesn't make much sense as long as the AES doesn't
support something like this.

Bug reports, ideas and patches for have been contributed by the following
people (alphabetical order):

- Bernd Ebert
- Katherine Ellis
- Guido Flohr
- Maurits van de Kamp
- Konrad Kokoszkiewicz
- Torsten Lang
- Kristoffer Lawson
- Martin-Eric Racine
- Jo Even Skarstein

I am glad to say, that some people joined the further kernel development.
>From now we are going to immediately start working on new 1.15 line,
featuring new FAT/VFAT/FAT32 filesystem and paged memory. Working betas
will be available (at least) on
piwo.bl.pg.gda.pl/pub/atari/mint/Kernel/untested in binary form.

Gtx,

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail:draco@bl.pg.gda.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/

** Quem Iuppiter vult perdere, dementat prius.
** Kogo Jowisz chce zgubic, temu wpierw rozum odbiera.