Re: MiNT setter 1.3 uploaded. Many changes+ Add ons.

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Brent Thirsk wrote:

>Brent Thirsk wrote:
>>
>> Katherine L Ellis wrote:
>> >
>> > Please try it and tell what you think, bugs, etc.
>> > Brent, still returning a weird AES value with MiNT setter?
>> > Thanks.
>> > YES IT RETURNS THE CORRECT AES VALUE.
>> IT WAS NOT YOUR PROBLEM, BUT MINE. I ASSUMED THAT WHEN THE AESDIR
>> ENVIROMENT VARIABLE WAS SET, THAT THE KERNAL WOULD LOAD THE AES
>> REFERED TO IN THE VARIABLE. THIS IS NOT SO. I CHECKED GLOBAL(0) MYSELF,
>> AND IT RETURNED THE SAME VALUE AS MINTSETTER.
>> I THEN ADDED INIT= PATH TO GEM.SYS. THIS LOADED THE PROPER AES.
>> SORRY FOR THE TROUBLE. I AM NEW TO THE MINT ENVIRONMENT.

Well well well :) this is very good for several reasons.
1) it shows that my prog wasn't the cause, (so it reassures me).
2) it shows that actually MiNTsetter helped a LOT in debuggin brent
prob with his aes. Thing that we never could have figure it out
otherwise. Like, It locks when PRG and from acc it just freeze the
scroll menus. :) Seeing that mintsetter returns a weird value,
indicated that already there was a problem with the installation :)
Now that brent has fixed his prob, Iam sure the compatibility,
stability on his atari/MiNT will be much better.

3) so guys, what do you think about mintsetter 1.3?
For 1.4 I am gonna add more values that MiNT kernal can chang on the
fly, and some extra internal mint, like general system (max memory per
child, etc).
Also MiNTsetter if you do a clipbrd dump, you can see that it also
check for naes, which version (number, and flags(ST/030 or
debug/user).

If the AVserver is set but not running, the AVSERVER string becomes
grayed out, and can be clicked for an explanation.

CTRL C is a shortcut for CLIPBRD (as specified in GEM shortcuts
(general)).

In MiNTsetter 1.3 I added the grow/shrink box, Theorically they should
be ther by default, but many people don't like that. Should I remove
them? or is that ok?
>From what I understood, grow/shrink are settable from a general
option, (normally), soall prog should be written WITH, and let the
aes/user choose to cut them off, externally. (so far for multitos and
naes I didn't see such option, but well, in the future maybe).

Also I added the win-hide (if fuller), is that ok with you all? or
doesn't matter?
thanks.
Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/