KGMD and Terminal Garbage

I have just installed the KGMD package. I am having problems logging in
on attached terminals. I have them configured as vt52.
 I get the proper text (re: the gettytab) and a proper display on the
login prompt.
 As soon as I type in the user name, which is echoed properly,
the display is garbled.
 I have played with the Gettytab, ttytab, csh.cshrc, csh.login and the
mint.cnf. can't seem to find the problem.
 I did notice there does not seem to be an entry for vt52 in termcap.
If any one has seen and solved this problem, I would appreciate some
help.
This is running on a TT with 4 ST terminals attached.

Brent Thirsk