Re: A faster and snappier GlueSTiK! ;-))

Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> I've just achieved a MUCH faster operation, using GlueSTiK 0.02b4
> since starting it from rc.net instead of mint.cnf; unfortunatly,
> the newer 0.03 betas cannot be used that way, since they feature
> an XDD executable.
>
> I shuffled the order of ALL my rc files, which noticably improves
> overall MiNT performance speed and reduces bus errors occurances.

A long time ago I had a problem with INIT and all the RC files on my old
ST with 4 meg RAM. The memory was so fragmented after I booted the
machine that I wasn't able to launch any programs except the shell
builtins. I traced the problem to the fact that all RC.* files excuted
sh. So I solved it by catenate all RC files into one HUGE RC file, which
only started SH once. by doing this I got less fragmented memory, and
could even run emacs!!

Maybe later versions of MiNT solves these issues, but I know I had some
serious problems back then.

//Robert
--
- Robert Krenn                           http://www.daltekvision.se -
- tel: +46 (0)243 73504                 video: +46 (0)243 793255 *2 -