Re: ttydev 0.8 for f030

Hi!

On Wed, Feb 04, 1998 at 10:02:06PM +0100, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> Quite normal, this is a bug in the hardware. Doug Little claims it can
> be cured by setting the registers in the correct order, which Videlity
> supposedly does. That's not the case on my Falcon though...

Try the following:

Set the registers as usual, and after that:

Vsync();
*(short *)0xffff8266L = 0;
Vsync();
*(short *)0xffff8266L = <value for $8266.w, as set before this patch>

This is what I was told by a German Falcon coder, and it helped both in
Sys-Mon and MagiC to get rid of that "white curtain"-problem in b/w.

Of course, all this has to be done in supervisor mode.

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  binder@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de