HSMODEM for Mint

The following is from: s970707@uia.ua.ac.be (David.DeRidder)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st.tech
Subject: HSMODEM for Mint
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 12:45:39 GMT

Hi everybody,

 I'm using MintNet 1.01 with the appropriate HSMODEM package (from K.Ellis'
 page I think) to use my Falcon as an intranet server. It all works well,
 BUT since I'm using serial lines (LAN + MODEM2) for the SLIP connections,
 I would like to take advantage of HSMODEM.

 The problem is : getty supports only baudrates till 19200 Bps. In the
 ttytab-file is suggested to use mgetty for higher speeds. Fine with me,
 but how do I configure it ? Should it be run as a background process ?
 Launched at boot time ? What are really the maximum speeds that can be
 used under MintNet for those lines ?

 Please help !

 Thanks anyway,

|   David 'Septimus' De Ridder   | "Never underestimate the       |
|                                |  power of the soul unleashed." |
| <david.de.ridder@bitsmart.com> |   - 'Essence Flare', M:TG      |

Septimus' quote for today :

"Inhale. Kill. Exhale."
 - 'Lightning Reflexes' (M:TG)

End of Original message

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 12/48 NVDI 4.11r0, MiNT 1.14.5, N.AES 1.1.0, GlueSTiK
 Unsollicited material will be proof-read for $100 USD per word,
 payable within 10 days.  Submission of your advertisement to my
 address constitutes your formal acceptance of these terms.
 <TITLE><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></TITLE>