Re: HSmodem XDD?

> > Does ANYONE have serial drivers that can permanently replace HS-Modem
> > and beloaded by MiNT as XDD drivers, to finally resolve the problem?
>
> It should be possible to make a new driver, with public sources
> and all, without having to re-invent the wheel?  As in using
> chunks of code from Linux m68k?  Also, undoubtedly at some point
> the Fenix project is going to come out with a replacement driver
> of its own?  Perhaps, if we ask nicely, that could be raised a
> notch or two on the priority list...

I am not a Linux/68k user, but I know some ppl using this system. They say
Linux serial routines aren't good, the system (on Falcons, that is) has
troubles, they say, keeping up stable connections at baud rates higher
than 38400. Perhaps NetBSD would be a better example then...

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@mi.com.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/
http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.