Fselect()'ing on global file descriptors

I seem to be catching all the corner cases this week... :-/  In the
kernel-mode socket library, socket() calls Fopen() with the O_GLOBAL flag,
which, among other things, causes MiNT to add 100 to the file descriptor
before returning it -- which causes a problem with Fselect(), which has
only 32 bits in its fd_set.  I've tried Fselect()'ing on (fd-100) and got
an IHNDL error for my troubles.  Is there some magic I have to do to get
this to work?  I really, *really* don't want to have to reach inside the
FILEPTR and frob sockdev's select routines manually...

						-sbigham