Re: Status of PL48 Was: gcc-as 2.5.1

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Yves Pelletier wrote:

> Draco wrote:
> >
> > I recompiled init for 68030 (for my own usage). No problems.
>
> Yes, I stand corrected. (I should really check before I talk
> about stuff I did months ago).  I did have problems with getty,
> though.  Has anyone compiled an mbaserel version?

Yes. Saves some kb with virtual consoles :o) As getty and all this MiNTOS
stuff are BSD-Sources, they cause a lot of warnings with -Wall. Make sure
you use the includes and libs from MINTOS. Maybe you could integrate some
stuff into mintlib as I did. Most of the stuff seems to be public domain.

A note on termcap functions (hi Kelli!): Mintlib's termcap functions are
incomplete, compared with the GNU termcap library. So if anyone wants to
compile newer sources with termcap functions, you better get the GNU
termcap library. This avoids a lot of problems.

jps