Re: Supervisor task switching

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

>So, I am thinking about an idea of expanding the MiNT scheduler so that
>such supervisor tasks could be preempted under some circumstances. It
>might be a global flag, setting of which would be a signal for the
>scheduler that the current task should be preempted even if it is a
>supervisor task. Alternatively, it could be a pointer to a kernel routine,
>which routine, when entered, would switch tasks immediately without a
>possibly 20 ms delay to the next scheduler 'session' :) Of course, the
>supervisor task using these resources should be also responsible for doing
>all safety stuff to prevent from being called again etc.

Konrad, I am really pleased that you are the one taking care of mint
kernal, you come up with ideas, inventive, and while english is not
your language, you do very well.
The idea of supervisor mode might be a good idea, however let's see
what the others think about that.

Just wanted to thank you.
Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/